Digital Power House - "Power at your fingertips"
RSS

Recent Posts

Retail store theater in a box vs custom home theater
Launching Digital Power House!

Categories

Launching the Company
The Custom Differance
powered by

My Blog

Retail store theater in a box vs custom home theater

Many people start their journey for a new TV,  home theater, or audio equipment at a box store such as BestBuy, Frys, Sears ect. They talk to a sales consultant  in charge of their department in that box store to find out  what system or TV would be best for them or their home.  There are many problems with this approach . The box store employee has a specific item he/she is supposed to push each month/week,  is untrained 90% of the time, and has  no idea what the layout of your home is.
     Let's  visit a scenario. I  walk into BestBuy and ask the 17 year old sales consultant what TV I should buy for my living room... he will likely tell me that I want a 1080p LED 240HZ tv with 3D!  But, the real questions that should be asked first are: How big is your room? How far away is your seating area? Are you going to be  viewing it from an off angle?   What sources will you be using most often?  Only when these questions are answered can  someone accurately recommend the correct product.
   In a similar  instance, you may go into a box store looking for a budget home theater solution, and the consultant may turn you onto a sound bar for your 15'x15' living room even though that is not what it's engineered for.  This will end up performing poorly in that atmosphere. Most people will  walk into a box store and see a Bose system and think "oh I have heard of Bose, so they must be  good".... while not 100% inaccurate,  Bose in general is a "better sound through marketing" solution.  They pay  A LOT of  advertising dollars so people  walk into a store and know who they are.  The problem  with this is, that's  advertising that YOU pay for. If Bose put out their product for half of the price they actually sell it for, then it would be worth the price for a "budget system".
     Now for the shocker. Did you know that for the same price you pay for a Bose Lyfestyle, you can get a full custom 5.1 in- wall or in-ceiling theater system with an  AVR and sub from your local custom  AV company? But how can that  be? It's simple,  custom  AV integration companies  work  with pro audio companies  who don't do a ton of advertisement for their products,  and rely on the AV companies to sell their quality products.  This passes the savings onto the customer. The end result is for almost the exact same price you get a theater system that's designed to work in your specific application, and sound much better at the same time.  The products sold by the AV company often have a much longer  warranty than the box store as well because the pro audio companies believe in their product so much that most  will warranty them for over 2x what a box store will.  Some companies will even give you a LIFETIME  WARRANTY on their speakers! something Bose will never do.

21 Comments to Retail store theater in a box vs custom home theater:

Comments RSS
Share Marketing on Sunday, July 21, 2013 11:32 PM
You have done an excellent job. I'll definitely Digg it and n my view recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.

Anonymous on Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:37 AM

Audio Visual installer on Sunday, March 30, 2014 7:40 AM
Numerous individuals begin their adventure for another TV, home theater, or sound supplies at a container store, They converse with a deals specialist accountable for their specialty in that container store to figure out what framework or TV might be best for them or their home. There are numerous issues with this methodology . The case store worker has a particular thing and they should push every. is untrained 90% of the time, and has no clue what the format of your house is.

home theater installation on Friday, April 11, 2014 9:22 AM
Informative post about the theater. Obtaining this informative post with plenty of data regarding best topics that is useful on behalf of me. I'm whole happy. I simply need to give thanks for doing this nice job. Thanks...

Jhondon on Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:08 AM
Good post. I learn one thing a lot of attention-grabbing on fully completely different blogs everyday.
Reply to comment

Home Theater Installation in Southern California on Friday, May 30, 2014 6:05 AM
Thank you for making the honest strives to explain this.

website designing on Thursday, July 24, 2014 11:58 AM
Thank you very much for your energy to have had these things together on this blog. John and I very much appreciated your knowledge through your own articles on certain things. I realize that you have many demands on your schedule so the fact that you actually took as much time as you did to help people like us through this article is also highly appreciated.

http://mediacoms.co.uk on Saturday, August 16, 2014 9:45 AM
Numerous individuals begin their excursion for another TV, home theater, or sound gear at a container store, for example, Bestbuy, Frys, Sears ect. They converse with a deals specialist accountable for their specialty in that container store to discover what framework or TV would be best for them or their home. There are numerous issues with this methodology

Global Department Store Retailing on Monday, August 18, 2014 6:12 AM
thanks for sharing this post with us... looking forward for more post.. for more information related to this topic contact us

Daniel Mule on Monday, September 29, 2014 12:45 AM
I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. I enjoyed every little bit part of it and I will be waiting for the new updates.

polished concrete brisbane on Saturday, October 04, 2014 5:49 AM
Hi [url=http://www.polishedconcretebrisbane.com.au]polished concrete brisbane[/url] [url=www.southeastfloors.com.au]polished concrete brisbane[/url] [url=www.ultimatefloors.com.au]polished concrete brisbane[/url]

buyessaysclub on Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:44 AM
I totally agreed with your opinion.Sometimes the good audio is cheaper than brand's audios, but the same quality is in.

Stefean on Sunday, October 19, 2014 3:18 PM
In reality, the only point this group has to worry about is writing beneficial college admissions essays which will permit them to attend the college of their dreams.I prefer this reallyprofessionalessays.com custom writing service for perfect one service provider for the student writing services.

wallpaper installers in Melbourne on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 2:47 PM
Everyone wants to beautify her/his house with vibrant picture. There are many picture in industry. Or someone can search for developer to beautify own areas.

marijuana leaf trimmer on Monday, November 03, 2014 6:03 AM
I was looking for this kind of thinks for beauty my home.. But i found it here,, Thank you very much for the post//////

3 day first aid course on Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:30 AM
Feeling you've got propagated which in turn provokes us a lot! I hope you constantly offer all of us like type of data. Thanks..

domoroslydomator.pl on Monday, January 19, 2015 4:46 PM
They give remarkable laminated solar panels Moreover, once we have some aged young child can easily on their own appeared to be performing inside a pen

Equity Market Tips on Monday, March 21, 2016 4:06 AM
I really appreciate this blog is very informative about retail store. I read each line and I like the way you tied all the information together.

sunnyskysolar on Thursday, September 01, 2016 6:49 AM
We only use high quality, durable and long lasting solar panel installation brisbane from reputable solar manufacturers that we trust to be around for a long time. thanks....

Bullion Tips on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:14 AM
I have come to know here many news points about product reviews. I like the way you tied all the information together.

Orthopedic doctors in bhopal on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 5:31 AM
Hi, Thank you for the amazing post, I will be awaiting for your next post.